Hiya :)

Lacey

Reaction score
Country
Scotland
Well, I've been on here before, but sadly ive forgotten my username and password, so i made a new one. I searched my old name and seen that people had replied to my posts thanks so much for that! Well, I have on axolotl named missy, Im extremely fond of her. She's doing great, the only thing is, about 8 months ago, she lost her foot, i really have no idea how it happened, there was nothing in the tank that it could have got stuck on, and i couldnt find it afterwards. So anyway, does anyone know how long it takes for them to come back? i read 6 months, but its been longer than that. I know if she was ill, it would take longer, but there is really not one thing i can tell wrong with her, the water if perfectly fine, ive done all tests, she gets fed a varied diet, she's always very active, plays all the time, and has a great character. so its got me kind of stumped. It would be great if anyone could tell me stories of theirs or any advice at all. I dont have any pictures just now, ive lost my pc connecter, but if i can find my card reader i'll have some on a memory card, ill upoad as soon as i can. i have some of her when she was just a young baby, ill put them up also.
Thanks
Lacey & Missy :)

hey, I know i said i'd try to help on the chat but I don't have any experience with axolotls or newts or salamanders. i mainly just keep dart frogs, sorry

hey, I know i said i'd try to help on the chat but I don't have any experience with axolotls or newts or salamanders. i mainly just keep dart frogs, sorry

Oh, its okay, thanks anyway. Hopefully someone will be able to help

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back