Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

water for the axies.

EdsExotics

Reaction score
I want to get my tank set up and running before I purchase my first axie. So I'm trying to get as much info as I can. Does anyone know a good product I can buy to get the Ammonia, nitrite and nitrate out of the water. All help is appreciated.

Ed

Last edited by a moderator:

Darkmaverick

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Ed,

Zoe is spot on with the importance of having an established cycled tank. This is what ultimately keeps the water parameters in balance over the long run.

However, if you are newly setting up a tank, do invest in a good water dechlorinator - Amquel, Prime etc. Besides getting rid of chlorines, chloramines and heavy metals, some dechlorinators can also help alleviate ammonia and nitrite spikes. I must emphasise that this is not a long term solution though, a cycled tank is still a must.

Cheers. ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1