shipping question

vistajpdf

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Dana
I'll by shipping some C. Orientalis eggs out to one of our friends here. I'll use the youngest eggs I see and ship them in an old plastic water bottle. Do I need to pack ice or bags of ice with the bottle I'll be shipping them in? I'm in FL and they're headed to the NE part of the US.
Thanks,
Dana

Keep in mind that matter how much ice or cold packs you use, it will reach ambient temperature in about 24 hours. Also, any kind of ice or cold pack will greatly increase the shipping weight. So... cold packs might make sense if the temperature is hot in FL, but not hot on the receiving end. But most likely, there's no point.

Also note that actual water-ice isn't very efficient, and it runs the risk of leakage (which makes the USPO very unhappy). If you use anything, the "blue ice" cold packs would be better.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back