Illness/Sickness: Salamandra salamandra eye problem...

DrNachoZ

Reaction score
Country
United States
URL%5D
This is Ikarus.

I bought him from a pet store who claimed he was a CB animal though I suspect he is WC. He had some stress problems at the store, and after 3 weeks in my care at proper temperatures and settings he has been eating and behaving normally. There is one problem I have noticed. A white cloudy marking below his right eye. I am not sure what it is or how to treat it. Any input would be appreciated.

pic 1

pic 2

Thanks!
URL%5D

Firstly, Ikarus looks to be a girl.

With regard to your eye problem, there is a current thread elsewhere on the forum dealing with pretty much the same problem. It pays to search the forum first (that's why I even put the ability to do that when you start posting your own thread).

>.< My mistake. I checked the fire salamander forum and read the illness articles. I was going to post this thread in the fire salamander forum but decided to post it in the general help at the last second. It absolutely would have made sense to check there first...(doh!) Sorry about the duplicate post, ill make sure not to do it again. Thanks for your responses though!

Don't feel badly. I think John's recommendation to check the forum archives was true enough, but it wouldn't really have helped in this case. It's not easy to find a set of keywords you could have put into the forum Search that would have brought up that other thread.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back