Axie just pooped after 2 months??

amy88

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Amy
Hi All,

This morning when i went to check on my axie (he lives on his own), i noticed a perfectly oval brown blob. I did not know what it was at first until i realized it was a poop. I have had my axie since April 15th, he got sick shortly after i purchased him and i was advised to fridge him for a month. So i set everything up and put him in the fridge on the 25th of April. I changed his water daily and after a week he was eating well on blood worms. I never saw a poop once. Then a brought him out of the fridge mid May and he has been great. Again from May until today i never saw poop in his water. I have added axie pellets to his diet, i still feed him blood worms. I usually feed him 2 to 3 times a week. Has he been constipated all this time? Is him not pooping normal? I don't know what to make of this :lol:

Thanks
Amy

I've seen one of my axies produce a smooth oval blob just like you described once in the past. Having never seen anything like that before (or since) I freaked out a bit, however the axie was fine and didn't appear to have any problems either before it or as a result of it.
It's certainly not what constitutes a 'normal' poop and I still have no idea what it was or what caused it, but the axie that produced it is still alive and very happy today...

Hi Amy,

Perhaps your axie did poop over the 2 month period but the poop have disintegrated into particulate dust like matter, hence evading your detection. :D

Good news is, if your axie pooped, the alimentary tract is patent and not impacted or 'constipated'.

Cheers

Yeah, everytime he poos its like an oval-type-shape-brown-thing that disperses into particles as soon as he stands on it!

Which is usually straight away, because he's a curious little thing and likes to know what the hell it is!! Haha!

Usually before I have chance to remove it in one piece!!!:cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back