Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hi everyone! new Tiger and new person

Jake Saunders

Reaction score
Hello all, I just wanted to mention I've gotten my very first Tiger salamander today. For the past few weeks i've been pouring over this site reading every ounce of information I could find on these little guys. Hopefully I'm prepared, I've raised a multitude of nonvenomous snakes in the past but salamanders are so different. I just had to do my homework and it feels pretty managable. Anyway This site is great and its nice to be here!

-Jake S.

big a little a

Caudata.org Donor
Reaction score
Welcome Jake - I did the exact same thing before I got my axie and it seems to have done the job :D

If you have already had them a few hours though, where are the thousands of photos we should be seeing? :D

Zoe x

Jake Saunders

Reaction score
Well I figured he's had it pretty rough getting all the way here. So I fed him a nice cut up nightcrawler and a couple baby crickets. :wacko: Iwent with the decision to let him rest for a day or two before I start needlessly bothering him. But updates will come!

-Jake S.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!