clamped gills in fridged axie

katzenjammer360

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, i have one axie about 8 months old...recently it's gotten hot where i live so i decided he should live in the fridge. He had been eating every other day until recently when he stopped eating and started clamping his gill against his head. Does anyone know why this would be? The temp is about 48F so it's not too cold.
- Briana

Hi Briana,

2 questions. How deep is the water in the tub? and how long do the gills stay "clamped against his head"?

Hi Braina,

is he clumping his gills just right now since he´s in the fridge or has he done it even before fridging him?

-Tina-

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back