hi everybody

gcollin

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
collin
i am new to this forum.

i want some advice on my tiger salamander, he is my first indoor tiger salamander.
let me start. i have him in a 30 gallon tank (it was for my fish first but it stated to leak)
he is still young but growing fast, i feed him 10 to 20 crickets a week i just dump the live crickets in the tank and let him catch them.
half the tank is rocks half the tank is soil, i have live plants in the tank also but mostly artificial. i pick the grass that is the tank from my rocks around my house (is this okay ?) i tried to put vine weed in the tank put it died withing 2 days so i found that grass is the best.

well that is a summary thank you.

-collin

thank you.

another thing is i have two toads in the tank with my salamander.

First off welcome to the forum. Here is a caresheet for Tiger Salamanders, have a read through it and it should answer all of your questions and then some. As for the toads, it is best if you remove them and give them an enclosure all to their selves.

i already know allot about tiger salamandersbut this page should help thank you.

also i know this is entirely off topic of this forum but, if anybody wans to give me advice on how to encourage breeding with my angelfish and my tiger barbs please do.

thank you

-collin

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back