Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

6 "new" books released

dick

Herpetologist & Author
Reaction score
Greetings all,
Patti's and my "Guide and Reference" series are now available through University Press of Florida or Amazon.
Between the 6 titles all taxa of herepetofauna -- species and subspecies -- of the USA and Canada are discussed and pictured. The books are in a field guide format. The specific titles are:
Guide and Reference to the Snakes of Eastern and Central North America (North of Mexico)
Guide and Reference to the Turtles, Lizards and Crocodilians of Eastern and Central North America (North of
Mexico)
Guide and Reference to the Amphibians of Eastern and Central North America (North of Mexico)
Guide and Reference to the Snakes of Western North America (North of Mexico) and Hawaii
Guide and Reference to the Turtles and Lizards of Western North America (North of Mexico) and Hawaii
Guide and Reference to the Amphibians of Western North America (North of Mexico) and Hawaii
Many thanx/Best/Dick Bartlett

i_love_necturus

Reaction score
Guide and Reference to the Amphibians of Eastern and Central North America (North of Mexico) is one of my all time favorite field guides, extremely up-to-date and very easy to use. I highly recommend it to anyone in eastern NA who has an interest in amphibians.

Even though I don't have as much use for it, I'd like to get the western NA book on amphibians as well.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1