New from NY

NYCherper

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone,
It's great to be around a forum like this. I happened to come across today at work. I work in the reptile house at the Bronx Zoo. Some of the caudates that I am currently around are Tylototriton verrucosus, Ambystoma maculatum, Necturus maculosus, and Echinotriton andersoni. The andersoni are my favorite species to work with, simply beautiful, and we have had excellent reproductive success. I think we have about 40 now. Hope to share with everyone!
-Andrew Kathriner

Welcome Andrew. One of these days I'm coming up to visit the Bronx zoo.

Well, call me then, Michael, I'll go with you. If you stop by here, I'll even drive.

These Echinotriton andersoni were bred by the Bronx Zoo:

file.php

Welcome Andrew! It's great to have you on board. :)

Wow...what beauties!! I wish I lived closer to NY. I would definitely visit the zoo!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back