Hey! New in Wisconsin, USA

bazil323

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey all! I'm completely new to amphibians, reptiles, etc. as well as to this site. I started seeing people post about their axolotls on Aquaria Central and thought that I should get to know these little critters. In a Google search, I found a site that had some great info and recommended this site for even more info as well as being a great site for high-quality and low--priced axolotls. So, here I am.

I don't know yet if I could support an axolotl, but the idea fascinates me. I'd been keeping several aquariums (puffer fish, tetras, kribs, plecos, and more) for more than a year, and I've been addicted. Now that I have them somewhat mastered, I keep thinking about expanding into paludariums or even terrariums. Hopefully, I can learn more about these and make a solid decision.

Hi Bazil,

Welcome to the site!

If you are not careful, you will become quite addicted - axolotls are hard to resist ;).

Hello and Welcome!

Great to see another member from Wisconsin! ;)

Mitch

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back