salamander confusion?

gcollin

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
collin
i live in colorado so you can all imaging how cold it gets in the winter (-10f t night, +30f day)
i caught my tiger salamander from the wild do it would be his natural instinct to burrow and sleep all winter right? but i am not sure so i ask.

Collin, please use proper punctuation when posting on this forum - thanks. This is an international forum and for many members, English is not their primary language. 'Texting' language is not understood.

If you maintain the same tank temperatures in the winter as you do in the summer, you will not notice a distinct change in behavior. Optimal temperature for a tiger is <72F. Tigers will tolerate much cooler temperatures but not higher temperatures for any length of time.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back