Question: What are they called?

sophieaxolotl

Reaction score
Country
Australia
hi everyone,
I have seen on video's on youtube that there are live shrimp like things swimming around in an axolotls tank, I was just wondering if anyone knew what their called I'd like to get some for my axie:confused:

-sophie:rofl:

I do believe they might be ghost shrimp or river shrimp?
Theyre used as live food for axies, I use them in my tank to feed my axolotl, and they live happily together... untill she eats them ;)

Its a nice idea to get some shrimp to live in the tank, because they wont hurt your axie, and they'll make a good snack if he gets hungry :happy: It just depends wether you mind your axies new tank mates one day becoming lunch??

x

thanks for that im sure they'll be good but she might eat them all at the same time lol:rofl:

-sophie

If I was looking at the right you tube clip then I would say Ghost shrimp, and as already said they are a good live food snack.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back