Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: What to feed my axolotl

axolotlmilky

Reaction score
Hi all,

After a long conversion this morning, with a few members, and on further reading, I an still confused:confused:, about what to feed my little axie milky. The place that I got her gave me martine quartet with octopus, shrimp, and krill, but milky is refusing to eat and hasn't had a full meal in days:(. I am going to stop feeding milky that food, and now know to feed her/him on bloodworms, earthworms, but was wanting to know exactly what I can and cant feed milky (i.e. mealworms, crickets, brineshrimp, etc). Also what is everyone's opion on frozen or live which is best.

Thanks all for reading

Ryan:cool:

flan123

Reaction score
Frozen cubed bloodworms are favourable over live ones as they are just too small and feeding would take a long time. Defrost the cubes and drop in front of him in lumps.

Also, a live earthworm every 2 days or so would be sufficient, and are known as the best source of the nutrients needed.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!