Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

How big is your sal

xMIDNIGHTx

Reaction score
How big is your tiger salamander. Mine is about 6 inches now and still growing.

All four of mine are around 8" now and I believe they were 08' morphs. These have some more to go yet.

**BTW this is not the right section for this question. Please make sure you post threads in the appropriate spot. It will keep the mods much happier.

Mitch

Melmo

Reaction score
First off, this should be in the Advanced Tiger and Axolotl section (I assume so). Second off, AJ, newts are salamanders. They belong to the Caudata family
Salamandridae.

Last edited:

madeve

Reaction score
My big girl is 10" long and for those non-believers I'll even add a picture.

picture.php

My other girl is 8".

Slimy2

Reaction score
I don't have a tiger salamander but the largest salamander I have is my mudpuppy which is one foot in legnth now and still growing.

Jacquie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
First off, this should be in the Advanced Tiger and Axolotl section (I assume so).

It most certainly should not be posted to that section.

xMIDNIGHTx said:
**BTW this is not the right section for this question. Please make sure you post threads in the appropriate spot. It will keep the mods much happier.

Moved to the Off Topic Section.

Thanks Mitch.

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
My largest female tiger right now is 11 inches (28 cm) and just over 2 years old. My second largest female is 10.5 inches. My two males are between 10.5 and 11.5 inches. The biggest tiger I've ever seen in person was a 33 cm male (that's over 13 inches long).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!