Is my tank cycled??

orangebud

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all ive been waiting for my new tank to cycle, i used the old tank water and all decorations.
the tank readings are
ammonia-0
ph-7
nitrite-trace?
nitrate-5

i haven't had an ammonia or nitrite spikes as yet but im wondering if this is because i used the old tank water. please help im getting very impatient lol

the other thing is im wondering if anyone else is using a fluval 305 filter??? water flow is worrying me a little

cheers in advance

Water flow isnt really a problem as long as you have things to block some of the flow in the tank or places for the axie to hide avoid it.

Hi,

If you used the old tank water why would it cycle again if its already cycled?

Just keep monitoring water changes once a day.

Hi,

If you used the old tank water why would it cycle again if its already cycled?

Just keep monitoring water changes once a day.

thats a very good point drew!!!! never looked at it like that lol

oh ps minizilla is such a good name!!

Hi,

Lol i took water from my dads fish tank (malawi cichlids... such monsters always fighting)

He keeps them in a ph of 7.8 so i was fine :rolleyes:

The ph is now 7.3 because of the sand i am using so my one axie but soon to be 1 of 3 is content and i didnt even have to wait for tank to cycle :p

I have a fluval 105 with a spray bar on a tank 2ftx1.2ftx1.2ft AND i have an air pump and miniziller doesnt show any symptoms of not likeing the water flow.

Im curious do you have an axolotl yet? If so what is he/she called and what does he/she looks like?

Here is miniziller.

Attachments

• MINIZLLLER.jpg
    MINIZLLLER.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 270
  • DSC_0008.jpg
    DSC_0008.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 297
  • minziller.jpg
    minziller.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 282
yeah i have 2 of the little critters, one called gimpy cos he only has 2 gilsl on the one side and one called moomin named by my mates daughter! ill put some pics up when i work out how lol oh and when the new tank is finished. i got them both in jan this year and have never keeped fish before hence all the silly questions lol

Hi,

Uhhhhhhh do you have 3 vids on youtube of moomin?

I have been waiting for more because moomin rocks.

Moomin on youtube is either leusetic or albino not sure but is this person from youtube?

With axolotl vs gremlins lol.:smile:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back