Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hello, new to axolotls and want one =]

Blaze

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Blaze (real name)

I have three bettas and love all of them and am looking to give the Axolotls a try =]

I am hoping to get two (black and white) males or females havn't decided. I'm so keen on setting up the tank soon i have plans for it =]

They are such interesting creatures and I am always open to suggestions on how i should go about looking after them when i get them and feeding.

anyways thats me =]

jclee

Reaction score
Another thing that I would suggest is to set the tank up for at least a month before getting any, and pretend that they are actually in there; try to keep the temperature within their range. (I think I overestimated the duration of the ice-pack method of water cooling.) Set the tank up, and play around with cooling methods. This way, if you realize there's a cooler spot in your home, you don't have to worry about confining the animals when moving the tank. You'll get to see how easy/difficult it will be to keep the tank cool enough in the summer, and that can help you decide if you are ready to get the Axolotls yet. (I did this, and after rotating icepacks every 2-3 hours, I decided to relocate the tank to the bedroom with the air conditioner; I won't be able to flip ice every 2.5 hours once my 14 hour workdays resume.)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!