Fish Tank Shelves

Kane

Reaction score
Country
Australia-Aboriginal
Hello everone. I am soon getting a set of metal shelves to place fishtanks on. I believe this is a great idea for anybody, like myself, who has not got a lot of space to put fish tanks everywhere. I am getting custom made shelving made up soon. You must consider the weight of the shelves and fishtanks, the strength of the floor your placing them on and making sure that you have the right measurements for the right space. Hope this is helpul.:happy:

Do not forget to make sure the floor is level!

Water weighs in :

8.35 US pounds per US Gallon @70F
10 Imperial pounds per Imperial Gallon@70F
1kg per Liter @ 24C

Fish tanks can be quite expensive, especially large ones with all of the features, such as filtration and aeration systems. Buying a shelving unit or stand for your fish tank only adds to this cost, and transporting the unit is another concern. Homemade fish tank shelves offer an affordable solution.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do not forget to make sure the floor is level!

Water weighs in :

8.35 US pounds per US Gallon @70F
10 Imperial pounds per Imperial Gallon@70F
1kg per Liter @ 24C

You have got to admit that the metric system is the bomb! 1Kg = 1L, simple! Logical!

1000grams to a Kilogram! 1000Kg's to a Tonne! 1000mililitres to a Litre! its simple- it makes sense- so why do people still use ( I am looking at you America! ) the imperial system? I mean, come on! 8.35 pounds to a Gallon? Whats with that!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Rhys.

1000grams to a Kilogram! 1000Kg's to a Tonne! 1000mililitres to a Litre! its simple- it makes sense- so why do people still use ( I am looking at you America! ) the imperial system? I mean, come on! 8.35 pounds to a Gallon? Whats with that!

Not to mention 5280 feet to a mile, 12 inches to a foot, 64 ounces to a gallon, need I go on? Yay for being a scientist: we use metric (for the most part)!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back