Sam has died

buzby35

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Genie
I am distressed. My 12-year-old salamander is dead. I found him yesterday morning. I am obsessing on the fear that crickets bit him and this contributed to his death. He has been eating less in recent weeks, but still eager for his crickets. I have been distracted by houseguests and had not done a check on Sam in over a week. So it was shocking to find him dead. We have buried him in the grden under an agapanthus bush. I love you, Sam! Buzby35/ Genie

I am really sorry to hear that Sam is gone. I know how they can become like members of the family. It could be that it was just Sam's time to go, and your salamander could sense that, and so it started to slow down in the last week or so. There is no point in beating yourself up over the "what ifs". I am sure your care was fine. You gave your salamander some good years that it probably would not have had if it had lived anywhere else. Just remember that. You showed Sam what love and care is all about.:angel:

I will have you in my thoughts today,
Critter Mom

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back