Help axolotl lost limbs

matchu77

Reaction score
Country
Wales
HELP it seems two of my juvinile axolotls have had disagreement and one has lost limbs . i know the will grow back but should i separate for now or treat the wounds any help
thanks
matt:cry::cry:

Hi,

Your probably better off re-posting in the axolotl section of the forum...

Also i would leave them together because the same happened to me but they were fine after the incident because they decided who was boss of the coconut shell.

I didn't treat the wounds either it simply repaired itself.

I'm new to axolotls, so I won't claim to know the right answer to your question, but I do remember reading that they're less aggressive as adults, so whatever "disputes" their having now, they will be fine once they pass through puberty, so to speak. I hope that helps some. (I would think that, if you keep a watch on them, and they don't continue fighting, they'd be fine, but separate them if you catch them at it again. Do they have enough hides to retreat to, and get some distance from each other?)

Hiya,

I now know that axolotols grow back their limbs after losing then.

I would get a tank divider to seperate them until it recovers i believe you can buy them from pet shops.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back