Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hello new member in Louisiana USA

kremsing

Reaction score
Thanks , first of all, for a really great forum.
I have fallen in love with axolotls my interest was piqued by a photo of one little guy on the internet.
So, after watching countless videos and reading everything i could find online about them it seems time to take care of one myself.

Im starting the process of getting the kit together and this forum has answered all of my initial questions, im sure once I have one ill have a bunch more.

Once i get going , not sure when, ill post my setups so others can catch my mistakes:happy:

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!
Let me congratulate you for doing your research first, planning the set-up, etc, before getting your axolotl. It´s the way to go!
For any questions, here we are.

blueberlin

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
Hi kremsing,

Please accept a warm hello from a Lou'siana girl living a long way from home. I hope the forum gives you as much as I have found here. Look forward to reading more from you.

Welcome!

-Eva

madeve

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum kremsing!!!

I too live in Louisiana and I used to own some axies, unfortunately mine passed away last hurricane season because we had to evacuate twice. If you have any questions feel free to ask or send me a pm.

Good luck!!!

kremsing

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome ,
after this heat wave in La , im in ft. polk , my main goal is gonna be beating the heat.
Again , i like this forum, ive seen some pretty good innovations that dont require expensive chillers,
Im a complete geek and I have to build everything up, test , wait for failure etc... and have the temp, ph, close to perfect before Ill put a living thing in.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1