Texas Barred or Other?

DRAKE88

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
picture.php

picture.php

My Tigers! DENALI, DAKOTA, and DRAKE. Help me determine each species of tiger salamander. laters

Last edited by a moderator:
The two brownish ones are eastern and the yellow one is a spotted most likely.
P.S Put them on soil and some moss if you wish its better for them.

The one in the top left of the last photo looks like a barred (mavortium). The other two look like Easterns (tigrinum) or perhaps a different subspecies from the mid-west.

Thanks a lot! I was told one of the brownish ones was from Texas. A barred tiger but not with the black and yellow. Any truth to this?

It is impossible to say unless you know the location they were obtained. If the tiger came from Texas I think it is potentially an eastern or barred. Regardless of the species you have a nice range or tiger patterns.

Thanks a lot! I still want a barred salamander with yellow and black patterns. But I totally love my threesome! Will the colors change as they get older?

Some will if you're lucky. Good luck getting the barred saly.

Oh yeah most definately! One last question: if I do get a 4th should I put them in a 30g tank? And I use bark and moss, should I use sand and moss instead?

You can put them in the 30. Use Eco Earth and moss, no sand.

Trying to figure out species of tiger

picture.php

Re: Trying to figure out species of tiger

Not sure what the brownish tiger is.Barred?

Re: Trying to figure out species of tiger

Drake - I've merged your new thread into this one... there is simply no point in asking the same question again, particular when it is impossible for anyone to answer it. It is simply not possible to determine the subspecies of tiger based on its appearance. The only way to know is to have the information about where the tiger was taken from.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back