Can i keep my tiger salamander on paper towels?

axolotlgangster

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Display Name
Jose
Can i keep my tiger on paper towels for like one to two days until i get some more eco earth?

That will ok for a day or two but they still need a hide area to get under to keep the humidity up. and don't let the papertowls dry out. If they do they will just suck the water out of your salamander and kill it.

i know how to house her im geting the eco earth to day.
The reason Jan gave that link is because the linked article describes in some detail how to use paper towels as a substrate. You would be well advised to read it, even though you "know how to house her". It's actually OK to keep most sals on paper towel substrate long-term. The reason most people don't is because of aesthetics, or because paper towels require more frequent maintenance.

Well said Jennewt!

-jbhrepin-

Post us a picture when you are finished with the tank along with your salamander!!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back