Not too sure...

Blaze

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Blaze
Sunny has been eating fine, looking fine and fine in general but the one thing i've noticed and it's been about 7 days since he last pooed.
The pet shop didn't have anything in the tank he could have compacted himself with and theres nothing in my tank he could have been compacted with. Hes quite lively and does go up often for air every 2mins or so. His tanks fine water wise and temperature wise. What could cause this? I am unable to but him in the fridge and we do not have the money for vets. He just is fine, maybe he could be eating the poo?

Re: Not to sure...

The poo often disintegrates quite quickly into brown "dust". Maybe you just miss seeing it before it falls apart?

-Eva

Maybe, but I was home all week and did not see it once!!!

Do you have substrate in your tank? Axie poo breaks down quickly and sinks beneath sand substrate quite readily. Have you seen any fine powdery or blob like brown substances at the bottom of the tank?

Unlike many species (ie dog/pigs), axies are not naturally coprophagic (poo eating). However, during their usual feeding where they root around the substrate, they may accidentally ingest some poo. Axies are smart though, they will quickly spit any poo out if it gets accidentally eaten.

I remember quite a while ago, my leucistic axie accidentally gulped a blob of poo while trying to eat pellets. It spat it out only to have my copper axie accidentally gulp it up as well. It was like a poo pass the parcel. This time round when it spat it out, i made sure the siphon was ready to remove it. That one nasty elusive poo.

hahaha funny poo story

I do have sand but hes doing alright so it's probably disintergrating!

Thanks heaps, just wanted to make sure he wasn't in any pain as usual.

Ron just Pooped, first one I've SEEN in three weeks...but I'm sure he's done more before that that I've missed. Don't worry too much.;)

WE HAVE TOILETS

and a messy tank -_-" which Sunny's mummy fixed up and cleaned (attepted, it's my first time) up.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back