Photo: Updates!

Markw

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok, so I havent been around these parts for a while now and I felt that I should update my axies with some photos. I know everyone likes photos. So, they will be a year old in November and are currently in a 55g tank and will be in a 75 within a week. They are eating great on blackworms still and the occasional earthworm/nightcrawler from the yard. They are just great! Theyre almost 6.5-7" each now with the wild being the largest of them and leucistic is the smallest. All are within an inch of each other though. You can also find some photos in my album on my profile here. Here are the million photos and a video of them eating today. Theyre shy of the camera if they done have enticement from the worms. You know how axies are ;). Anyway, no more babble. Here ya go!

Melanoid:
DSC_0637.jpg

DSC_0639.jpg

DSC_0654.jpg

DSC_0655.jpg

DSC_0660.jpg

Golden Albino and Leucistic:
DSC_0641.jpg

DSC_0645.jpg

DSC_0647.jpg

DSC_0649.jpg

DSC_0650.jpg

DSC_0652.jpg

DSC_0653.jpg

Wildtype:
By far the biggest eater and the most personal. He cant help but to snap at and rub himself on you as you baster out the poo they often leave all over the floor. No problems with any of the other axies, though.
His favorite!
DSC_0656.jpg

The attack!
DSC_0657.jpg

Score!
DSC_0658.jpg

DSC_0646.jpg

DSC_0644.jpg

DSC_0640.jpg

Stuffed? Not Quite. :D
DSC_0638.jpg

And the video of them all eating.
http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa215/Tamandua-Lover/Axolotls/?action=view&current=DSC_0642.flv

Hope you like!
Mark

They are Stunning! So pretty and cute!

Thanks! I love how their gills have stayed relatively long as theyve grown. Ive seen many-a-axie where their gills get small as they grow. Im very proud of these guys.

Mark

Great photos, Mark!
And really great quality.

Though, they probably should be posted here. Nonetheless, they are still amazing photos. :D

Aw! How cute! I love the sort of "tilted head" pose of the albino in the...eighth picture!

That picture was supposed to be of the leucistic until I saw him (it) doing that tilted head thing. I hurried and focused the camera on him and took it. Double refraction doesnt help the focus any, though. I had an angle of the frotn glass of the tank and the plastic tub they were in to fight with. They all have nice big tummies today now. I will be basting poo for days. haha

Mark

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back