Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Green fungus? on axies face

PatricALOTL

Reaction score
hi ....
im fairly new to looking after axies, and i was wondering if anyone might be able to put my mind at ease...
a little over two months ago i got a female axie from an aquarium, and i noticed when i brought her home that she had a green patch on her face...it hasnt really changed in size (i dont think)...but im wondering whether or not its some sort of fungus.....

should i be worried??

scrappa

Reaction score
Hi,

It may appear to be green but this may be the lighting.

My 2 luestics have grey marks on their faces and sometimes they appear to be green maybe you should take a closer look and check that they are green.

If they are definitely green post a pic and somebody else might be able to identify it.

PatricALOTL

Reaction score
i understand what you mean by looking at her in another angle, to see if its just pigmentation (i researched this as a possible factor after reading so many threads about misdiagnosing fungus on light coloured axies)

only problem is she is a wild coloured axie, meaning black/brown/olive...

i will try and take a photo and post it A.S.A.P, (as soon as i get a good shot of it:proud:)

she has also been floating around the top of the water, although i read that this can be a common behaviour of females ( i only recently discovered she was female)

thanks for the advice

PatricALOTL

Reaction score
album.php
i dont know if the picture came up....but anyone who thinks they might be able to give me advice, look at my album of Mufahla Fin...it would be much appreciated:D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1