Hello everybody :)

mariaconcetta

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hello everybody :)

My name is Maria and I'm from Sydney.

I didn't even know axylotls existed until I (unwillingly) visited an aquarium shop with my partner who has a tropical tank. When I saw the axylotl tank i couldnt move my feet from the floor. I have since been researching and trying to get everything ready for my new little friend.

I finally got him about two weeks ago and I think he is settling in well. I named him Axyl (because I'm not very inventive). I'm thinking about setting up another tank so I can get another one.

Its nice to know there are people to help as i dont think the people in the aquarium shop were very knowledgeable.

Welcome to the forums! This is certainly the place to come and talk about your axolotl and learn about its proper care. You'll find that many of the members here have fallen prey to the illness you hint at: the dreaded MTS or Multiple Tank Syndrome :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back