Hello from Iowa!

PNW

Reaction score
Country
United States
What a wonderful site! People who love newts and salamanders! For years I thought I was the only one! Caudata is such a great idea. Newt lovers united! My mother bought me a Japanese Fire Bellied newt when I was 13 years old and I have never lost my fascination for the little buggers! So much grace underwater, so much determination on land. They have always challenged me to keep up with their need for a change of scenery! I have been away from newt keeping for the past 5 years, but am ready to take on a new challenge and make the acquaintance of a new newt! I have successfully bred and raised Alpine, broken stripe, and great crested newts and hope to try to make a home for the marbled newt next. But enough about me, how about those newts! I look forward to the discussions and the pictures! PNW

Welcome! (From the other side of the river!)

Caudata Enthusiasts are few and far between in our states. I am very glad to see others from our area appearing here!

hello and welcome.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back