Aquasafe dechlorinator

BIG J

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hey guys
would it be ok to use aqua safe in my axies tank because i have heard a lot about dechlorinator causing axies health problems, i use aqua safe on all of my fish and have had no problems with it so far, but for my axies i usually just let my water stand for 24 hours, but lately i have been able to smell the chlorine in the water, and it takes ages for the smell to clear, but when i use the aqua safe on the water for my fish the smell goes in about 10 mins, it says that it also neutralises chloramines and heavy metals and it adds essential elements that are present in the natural habitat of fish.
Any advise on weather on whether or not to use it

Thanks =]

Definitely use it. Not using it would basically submit your axolotl to swimming in poison.

Just leaving water in a bucket for 24 hours wont do it mate, you need an air stone in there & leave it running 48hrs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even then, many water suppliers no longer use chlorine. They use chloramines, which do not evaporate out at all.

As for dechlorinators causing problems for axolotls, I have never heard of this.
Could I inquire as to your source or read some links about it?

In my experience, the only "problems" I have seen is products that claim to enhance slime coats in addition to treating water. I have also read of products with aloe causing pH shifts over time.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back