Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Injured outside frog we want to help him

animal lover

Reaction score
hi i am glad i found this site and hello to every one out there . today i am posting this in hopes to get a little help to do what ever i can to possibly help an out side frog with an injured back leg. my husband was using the weed eater around a tree in our yard and he has injured the frogs leg it is bleeding and lower part of flipper flesh is dangling . i realize the frog may possibly make a recovery with this injured limb i just do not want him to suffer if there is anything i can do . if any one has advice please post . i have contacted one vet in my area who takes care of turtles and he will be back in his office tomorrow . as long as he can still move should he be able to survive?

Jennewt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Keep the frog in a clean plastic sweater box with damp paper towels (not soaking wet). Change the towels as soon as they are soiled. Provide someplace in the box for the frog to hide under, to reduce stress.

You can apply Neosporin to the injury, but be sure it's the kind WITHOUT painkiller. Beyond that, see what the vet says.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1