What is up with my axies lately!

pinkangel729

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So i have been having a hard time with my wildtype axie Wilma, she has bloat..we think.

So anyway i have been treating her and have now noticed my male leuistic Bam Bam has a growth under his right front limb.

Not sure what it is. He is still eating and no signs of stress.

Pictures attached.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    157.8 KB · Views: 226
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    161.1 KB · Views: 181
The growth can be many things. It can be an abscess, a cancerous growth, a benign growth, a cyst, a fluid accumulation at the joints and such. The only way to definitively diagnose is to get a fine needle aspirate or biopsy sample.

How long has the growth been there? Was it a slow gradual process or it happened overnight suddenly?

If there are no other signs of stress or illness, the condition is not life threatening. It can just be a cosmetic problem. In the worse case scenario, the lump continues to grow, impede movement, get ulcerated and such, it might be best to surgically excise it.

It came on over the last couple of days.

Have checked my water and its all fine. Bam Bam seems fine, eating, no curled tail or anything, hes his usual self.

Can i ask a question about wilma?

She is still looking rather swollen, she hasn't passed any poop now for over a week and i am sure that earlier i spotted a earth worm stuck in her stomach. Could it be she is constipated because a worm is stuck?
She has passes some green slimy blobs but thats all.

The green slimy blobs are poo i think. The growth has nothing to do with water quality.

Can you take some photos of WIlma again please? I wish to see how she has progressed. (If she is a she..)

The green slimy blobs are poo i think. The growth has nothing to do with water quality.

Can you take some photos of WIlma again please? I wish to see how she has progressed. (If she is a she..)

The first pic is the first time i saw her swollen, the other two pics are the most recent. The coloca is looking a lot less swollen.

Attachments

• 212.JPG
    212.JPG
    182.6 KB · Views: 216
  • 035.JPG
    035.JPG
    173.6 KB · Views: 189
  • 036.JPG
    036.JPG
    171.5 KB · Views: 181
Looks much better. Continue with fridging. Hows its appetite now?

Well my dad kicked her out of the fridge as we got food delivered. Hoping to put her back in. She ate two small worms today which is progress.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back