Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hiccups

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
As you may have noticed, we've had a few strange occurrences over the last 24 hours. These problems should be resolved. They are side effects of changing some of our software yesterday. If you spot any other hiccups, drop a message here please.

Greatwtehunter

Reaction score
I don't know if your aware yet or not but I can't access the photo gallery by using the main link. I can however can gain access to it by first clicking on a random thumb and then I can navigate through it that way.

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
I stayed up all night working on that and other problems. It's now 8am and I need some sleep. All the problems should now be fixed.

taherman

Caudata.org Donor
Reaction score
My "recent posts" panel on the home page has jumped into a little sidebar rather than being in the center pane....is this a product of the hiccups or something that I can fix in my preferences?

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
It's deliberate. I wanted the site news to be closer to the top and I wanted the gallery images to be displayed larger. Is this a problem for you? I've received one other complaint about it. For logged in users I may be able to put the recent threads in the middle again but with the gallery still on top. Let me know please.

Greatwtehunter

Reaction score
Is anyone else having problems loading pictures to their albums? I was able to load a few a couple of hours ago then it wouldn't load any and now the button to load pictures isn't even there.

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you explain in detail what the problem is, Justin.

Greatwtehunter

Reaction score
When I logged on this morning around midnight I was able to upload pictures to my albums but after about an hour it wouldn't load any more pictures. It just acted like it was going to but never did anything. Now when I go to the album to upload a picture I don't even have the button anymore that allows me to upload pictures.

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
That's because there is now a limit of 50 photos per album. Make a new album. I made this change to lessen the impact on the server of loading a ton of photos at once.

petro

Reaction score
Hoi,
This morning I have been sending a message to the forum,first appeared that i hat to waite till the site administrator? hat to see it before it came on the site.(like in the biginning)And now it,s still not there?
I have been sending a pb to John en also did not get á reaktion!
Is this because something went wrong or just have to wait??
Petro

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!