Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Chiller/cooler

blabberwort

Reaction score
Hi :)

Im after some advice regarding a chiller. Now before I had my axies I had never heard of these things and any research ive tried has gone above and beyond me (im really not techie or anything that may be of use lol :eek: )

Up to date I havent been able to afford a chiller as all the ones i've found have been over £300 which is a no no even now, However I found this a coupleof days ago
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310171139355&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:GB:1123

I could just about justify at the moment paying this for a chiller but I sent the seller a message asking (okay probably some stupid ) questions but they havent bothered to reply. Probably think no-one can be that stupid so it must be someone messing them around :p

Anyway here goes :p (finally)
Would this be suitable for a 3ft tank, and do these things come ready to set up or would i need to buy other stuff like pipes or whatever to go with it too?

Any help would be appreciated as I dont want to lose out at buying it if it's suitable, but at the same time I cant afford to waste that much money if it's either not suitable or else i need to spend another £ 60 or so on extra bits.

Thanks for reading and any help :D

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1