Black lips

aus_angel

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi i have 3 axolotls, that we have had approx 3 years, just recently i have noticed that their lips have turn black, like they have black lip gloss on. They seem happy and are still eating etc. Wondering if i should be worried

All of them seem to be turning black, one is albino, one is lucistic and one is wild brown. it started off as a small spot now it seems to be spreading following the line of their mouths just like lip liner

When Axolotls reach sexual maturity, the tips of their toes will turn dark. Maybe this is the same case as with the lips?

Could you provide some photos of the 3 axolotls? It should just be normal pigmentation but i just want to make sure.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back