Question: T.torosa finicky about worms.

supergrappler

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Skeeter
Hello all,
I have been trying to feed my juvenile T.torosas chopped earthworms to no avail. They all seem to really love eating gut loaded baby crickets, and dusted fruit flies. But whenever I put out any worms such as blackworms or chopped earth worms they seem less enthusiastic. Out of the four only two will eat worms. Is this normal?

My parameters are as follows: Temp is at 65-68F, terrestrial setup with a large bathing dish, and lots of live plants, light cycle is 10 on 14 off.

The critters seem very healthy and all are growing ranging from 2 inches to 3 inches. I am just concerned that I may not be giving them a complete diet.

Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.

As long as you are gut loading and dusting the insects then you should be fine for a good while. How long are you leaving the worms in the enclosure?

As long as you are gut loading and dusting the insects then you should be fine for a good while. How long are you leaving the worms in the enclosure?

I usually set up worms on a damp unbleached paper towel overnight.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back