2010 Calendars now available!

Looks like Cafepress have gone global - finally. You can now buy from a number of international sites which should help avoid custom problems and high shipping charges.

Good work on the calendar, John.

Thank you for the work that went into this. When I look at the store, I see the calendar there twice - for either $23.69 or $24.99. They appear to be different sizes, but why is the larger one cheaper? And both of them are called "oversized"?

My mistake - it's fixed. I stayed up all night doing it so please forgive the mistakes.

No problem, John. It's nice that you're offering both sizes of calendar.

Does anyone know if CafePress is still giving out discount coupons that you can pass on to a friend? If so, we should pass them around.

I believe so but don't quote me on that.

Just wondering: is the only difference between the 2 calenders the sizes or is there also a difference in layout or something?

There are two differences: size and shape. The Oversize Calendar's pages are 17 inches wide x 11 inches tall (43x28 cm approximately). Hanging on a wall they are twice as tall because you have a picture page above and a calendar page below.

The other calendar's pages are 11 inches wide x 8.5 inches tall (28x22 cm approximately) but again like the other one you have two pages at once, so it's twice that tall.

The actual photos are the same in both calendars. I hope that answers the question.

Of course, the pictures are cropped in the square calendar. And the months are associated with different pictures in each (they don't correspond 1 to 1 with pictures) though all the pictures used are the same in the end.

They do correspond now - I fixed that.

I just got mine...it's lovely. I ordered it 11-3, and it arrived 11-6...pretty quick! (and the new caudata sticker for the new car)

Any news on the axolotl calendar?
It took me about 10 hours to do everything with the Caudata.org calendar. I work "all or nothing" so I am trying to find a day to set aside for the axolotl calendar.

I just got mine...it's lovely. I ordered it 11-3, and it arrived 11-6...pretty quick! (and the new caudata sticker for the new car)
It's definitely the best calendar yet, and I'm not just saying that. The actual technical quality of most of the photos is far higher than previous years and my manipulation skills are their best ever too.

So is there actually an axolotls-only calender? I can only find the general caudata one? I may be being dime, obviously!

Heather & Sparkle

I've yet to publish it. It takes me about 8 hours straight or so to do it and I haven't been able to set aside that time yet. I do need to do it though - want to get it done early this week.

Buy the big version. It has large enough squares to record all your feeding and breeding data. Added bonus, you can work in your wife's birthday and your wedding anniversary so the cost of that stuff does not overlap with your live food buying schedule...:p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back