Greetings from Minnesota

seraphimsdawn

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello!

Since I was old enough to walk I've had frogs, salamanders, newts and snakes someone close by. I used to rescue Tiger Salamanders from my parents window well. Around the age of 11 my parents bought me an axolotls for Christmas. Due to lack of knowledge, my poor pet passed away and I was crushed.

Now at the ripe "old" age of 24, I find myself more then capable of doing all the research needed to care for any pets in my care. I couldn't remember the name of the type of lizard I had, but knew it sounded kind of like Ocelot with an extra "a" at the end.

After some research online I found this forum and am hoping to find a lot of kindred spirits, and even more knowledge.

Thanks
Beth

Welcome, Beth. You've come to the right place to learn about axolotl care.

Hi

I joined a couple of days ago and have found the information contained on this site very good. Hope you get a lot of pleasure from keeping the animals that you do.

Regards

Les

Welcome to the forum, Beth! Your primer to animals was much the same as mine. Rescuing tiger salamanders from window wells included. Good to see another Minnesotan on the forums :happy:

Welcome to the Newt and Salamander Portal!

Welcome! I'm also from Minnesota; this place is the best for information and caring tips. I hope your second axolotl experience turns out much better then the first! :)

Hi Beth and welcome to the forum!

My fiance moved here from your area. ("Here" is Michigan.):D

I hope to see more of you around here, as I am a huge pet lover myself. I have 3 Chinese firebelly newts, snails-- more than I can count, 3 hermit crabs, 2 bearded dragons, and a sugar glider.

Sorry your first Axie experience turned out to be sad:angel: but with your new research, the next time around should be much, much better! :happy:

See you around,
Critter Mom

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back