PDA

View Full Version : Glow in the dark


capek36
4th November 2009, 20:13
IS a plastic glow in the dark plant harmful to an axolotl at all? will the faint glow at night bother it?
Thanks

SludgeMunkey
5th November 2009, 10:51
Should not be an issue, however the number one rule of vivaria building comes into play here;
When in doubt, leave it out.

In other words, if you do not feel comfortable using an item in your tank, you probably shouldn't use it.

oceanblue
5th November 2009, 18:42
Faint glows do not seem to bother my axolotls. They sometimes share their cool room with flasks of photobacteria, and the one which was injured recovered in the fridge between glowing petri dishes!

The phosphors in the glow plastic are of very low water solubility and no toxic hazard. The light is probably no more disturbing than moonlight in the wild.