Names

Harry Thompson

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Think of a name for my new (white, non albino) axolotl!
Must be a male name.

Hi Harry!

Pick something that you don't mind calling out into the wee hours of the night - because let's face it - the axolotl won't come when called anyway and you don't want to alarm the neighbours with "Igor! It's time for your worms now!". ;).

Are you a 'Phantom of the Opera' fan by any chance? I tend to think "Erik" is a good name for a leucistic axolotl due to their masked visage (some don't have the mask, but that's all right, I don't hold that against them). Not quite sure if the singing voice applies...but you never know. :D.

Good luck, and let us know what you decide on!

PS. By the way - we'll want photos too.

Last edited:
Hi Harry,

is it your first axie or do you still own another? What´s the name of the other?
I prefer names of the Lord of the Ring Theme.;) Mine are called Gollum, Galadriel, Aragorn, Legolas, Arwen, Elrond and Nimrodel etc.:D

Maybe you´ll search for a theme if you want to own more than this one.:cool:

Greetz, Tina

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back