Teacup Hide-Away Dumb?

Stone

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Stone
So this may be quite a dumb idea but I just thought I would bounce it off you experienced Axolotl enthusiasts =]

I realize axies want somewhere to hide away and I was thinking of useing this glass teacup turned on it's side

Amazon.com: Teacup Glass Fish Bowl: Kitchen & Dining

The measure ments are in inches.

I was wondering if you think this is a bad idea? I love the idea of a clear hideaway surrounded by plants and I love the teacup idea, but I'm not sure if this will satisfy my future pet any security or how violent they get. Would he break it?

If this seems very problamatic do you think a plastic teacup would be a better idea?

Any comments, concerns, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I wouldn't recommend a clear hide. They need a place that's darker than the rest of the tank.
I use PVC pipes, wood, and terracotta for my tank. But there are many other things that you can use. Have a good look through the photos and tank set ups.

Elspeth.:happy:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back