Hello everybody

Andrea

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Hello Everybody, I'm Andrea I am from Italy and I am very glad to "meet you all". I 'am iterestesed in both Caudata and Anura, and currently I am raising a group of 16 young Bombina Maxima and other species of anura. Naturally I still raise my first colony of "giant" Axolotl. If some of you have B.Maxima it could be nice to understand if we have different or same blood lines and I would be glad to learn something more about these beautiful animals . Best regads.

Welcome to the Newt and Salamander Portal!

Thank you bellabeloo for your reply, "the first reply!!" and compliments for your beautiful Axolots, I still have my first colony of 11 animals, very big, and an unknown number of younger animals, leucistic, albino, golden and ancestral. Thank you again and best regards.

Nice to "meet" you petlover516, congratulations so young so enthusiast! I want to tell you something, when I was a Kid I use to live in Brooklyn New York, and I remember that digging in my backyard I use to find beautiful worm salamanders, I don't know if I was a good keeper, but I have been better in future! Best regards.

I don't live in Brooklyn, I live in Nassau, and have never seen a wild salamander once in my life:(

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back