Hello from Vancouver

ttamra

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Display Name
tamra
I just thought I would say a quick hello to everyone at Caudata.org as I'm a new member. I'm currently a student in Audiology and Speech Sciences at UBC and a total fish/reptile/amphibian nerd. I currently am keeping several fish, a couple of turtles (Speedy and Teenie- I've had Speedy since I was a child, thus the silly name), a leopard gecko (Link), and my darling White's Tree Frog, Godric. I actually joined the site because I've been looking into getting an axolotl in the near future and so I was hoping to get more information on the little guys and get in touch with breeders. I'm looking forward to getting involved with the forum!

Welcome to the obsession, ttamra! Axolotls are very addictive.

If you haven't found it already, the Axolotl Site is a great place to start for information on all things axolotl (you may need a rescue party to tear you away from these pages ;)).

Thanks for the reply! That's actually the page that lead me to this forum! It's a great resource. And yes, it is terribly addictive. The only thing that could pull me away from the page was a looming differential diagnostic midterm. :happy:

Welcome to the Newt and Salamander Portal!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back