Question: Grasshoppers?

Birthdayboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is it safe for me to feed my adult Axie grass hoppers?

Wait for more opinions from the others.
But if you asked me, I wouldn't feed mines grasshoppers.
Only because I'm not sure if they could digest the hard exoskeletons.
If they can digest them, then why not?
So yea, wait for more responses before trying.

I will go with kinkyoto on this one although if you cut the grasshopper into tiny pieces that might work.

Grasshoppers would be a natural food soure that they would encounter in nature. However they would not be eating these in large amounts. Their main diet would be aquatic insects,worms, and fish. A few ground dwelling insects would no doubt enter the the water. I wouldn't think that a grasshopper here and there would be a problem.
There are alot of species of grasshoppers. Some small and with soft bodies and othere larger species with harder exoskeletons. I would remove the legs of these larger ones sometimes they have little spines on them and maybe the heads. Aquatic insects have hard exoskeletons so what would be the difference. As a treat once in a while I don't see the harm but I'm sure opinions will differ. I would never use them a main food source.

I have heard that grasshoppers are a carrier of parasites or diseases. I may be wrong.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back