2 New Axis.

A

AmandaLyne

Hey guys so my four adults passed away while i was on vacay. Took a few months and really missed them so i went and got 2 little white guys. A male and Female. The males gills are very short almost not even there so i gave him a few salt baths and he seems to be doing better the female has some nice long healthy gills. I'll post some pictures later on. Now my questions are as follows since iv nver had babies only adults.

1) Why was i told to only feed them mysis shrimp? I know my adults got guppies. Blood worms. Earth worms and the occasional beef heart.

2) Do the babies normally hide 24-7? My adults loves to play in the bubbles and such.:confused:

I know you said babies, but what are their sizes?

They are almost 2 inches i think. I'll measure then tonight when i feed them. :D Cute lil guys cute never get to see them they are always hiding them.

At that size they should be able to take earthworm bits. Just make sure you cut them smaller than the axolotls head is wide to avoid any problems.

I got some pictures today. They seem rather skinny to me but my adults were plump so i dont know what weight the babies should be. I'm going to post the pictures tomorrow morning as its pretty late here now.:tongue:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back