Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hi all newbe here ,

funckychic

Reaction score
Hi all my name is funckychic , i am from dublin , ireland . i have the most amazing axolotl his name (nearly sure hes male thorough i felt the balls ) AXEL .Axel is very friendly , i got him in one of the lfs they told me to put him in with my gold fish , i noticed him legs were all gone . so i started to google a lizard that lived in cold water , and thats when i discovered what a special little fella he is. so i got him his own tank . went to my lrs and they told me how to care for him, they told me he will probably died cause so young and small . So 5 months later he is a healthy and friendly axel , everyone loves.

allso have a marine tank .
and fancy goldie fish :talker:

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there. I'm from Dublin too. Which fish shop was it? By the way, they're not lizards, they just vaguely look like a lizard.

funckychic

Reaction score
hi john wackers on long mile rd.

how many axolotls have you . are you bens friend from repiltle heaven ??

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't have any right now. Yeah, I'm Ben's friend. I haven't seen him in several years though because I moved away. If you see him again, tell him John Clare said hi.

funckychic

Reaction score
ah cool , i rescued an axol a few weeks ago and i was asking him for info an sick axol and he was tellng me about u said u are the man for anything on axols . and he gave me this site . i will be in there soon for food and i will tell him hi , . sadly the rescued axol died i think she had that blood diease . anyway talk to u soon . ps; thanks for statring this site really helpfully . :happy:

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Look for a member on this forum called declanmcgabhann. He keeps and breeds axolotls and he still has some of my stock from when I lived there.

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Hello funckychic and welcome!
There is a lot of information here, and we are lucky to have the resources of many people from all over the world.
Since this site is in English, however, and for a lot of our members it is a foreign language that they are trying to get by in, we request that our members please use good grammar, punctuation, and spelling. That way we can all understand each other.

So explore the site, and enjoy!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1