Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Anyone notice the unproffesionals?

wpken

Reaction score
I'm definitely not saying im porfessional, but its funny reading some FAQ's from aqualand like Let's look at newts, various species, with pictures, is there any special reason that they are still in business or are there that many diferent people who pay them but still unsuccesfully keep there animals that it doesnt matter who doesnt pay them? Its astonishing how I a 15 year old who thinks he has so much to learn (and still probably does) feels that he can help change so many "bussinesses" exponentially. Albeit they have almost no idea what they are talking about they do have some interestingly useful products that ive used at one time or another, ive switched onto majoritively natural means besides my aquariums ghost knife tube, but thats my fish tank and not really involved in the whole newt tank in the works i have going.

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
They're still in business because people still give them money.

Go forth and educate the world, young sir! It is your destiny to make the common care of Caudates household discussion! Then people with poor education/lack of caring will quit existing, and no caudates will suffer in the hands of those who think of them as 'gummy lizards'.

wpken

Reaction score
yeah, good thing the place i was speaking of resides in Iowa, and im in NY lawlz. Im trying to get a job in a pretty "local chain" petland discount so if even the best i can do is clean the dead fish out, then fine its still helping the remaining fish. But im sceptical of even signing up their because they have about 7 3 in. baby bearded dragons for 89 bucks, and one of them was dead, probably starved because they had dried out lettuce twice the size of themselves in a bowl...unforgiveable that they can price them so highly and let them die so easily.

Melmo

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I've noticed this a lot. At my local pet shop, they have just recently gotten rid of the sand in the leopard gecko and beardie cages, and replaced it with reptile carpet, which I really hope they clean regularly. There was also a thread here, where a person noticed a suffering axolotl group at a pet shop and after they gave them advice, the pet shop managed to actually sell them, without being told the animal died soon. So this just shows you, and everyone can help out the uneducated pet stores.

wpken

Reaction score
its much too common to be beliveable, but unfortunately it is happening, ill try to do my part

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1