Fun to be had by all

TigerSpew

Reaction score
Country
United States
Nate le newt seems to be another one of those pets that will make my life amusing as well as frustrating. He likes to play on the aquarium bubbler. Since I got him from day one, he seems to be fascinated with the bubbles.

He will sit on the filter cartridge and let the bubbles jiggle his body a bit; stick his head into the the bubble slot and let the bubbles go up his snout; or just grasp the cartidge edges and stare at the bubbles. Its weird! I thought originally that because he breathes thru his skin that he may not be getting enough oxygen and snuggling with the filter was his way of getting more air. But nope, he'll spend all day poking thru rocks or resting in his cave then just go over to the filter.

Or am I just being silly?

They do that. Just one of their little quirks.

Personally, meaning I have no data to back this up and it's horribly unscientific, I think they just like how it feels.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back