Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

FBN wound?

Limede

Reaction score
Hi,
some days ago I notice that my male FBN have a harm shorter than the other...also, it seems he have some type of wound in the same harm...:(

d.jpg

PB210005.jpg

PB210008.jpg

What do you guys think it is?:confused:

Cump

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
I´m not positive but it does look like a flesh eating infection. Is that the usual housing you are providing for it??? It´s far from ideal. Way too little water, and the bloodworms in the pictures look well old and decomposing. Bloodworms rot very quickly and foul the water, so leaving uneaten, old bloodworms in the tank is really very bad for water quality.

Limede

Reaction score
Nop, thats not his usual housing, thats only the feeding container because the female eats everything...eheh

that bloodworms are "new" i desfrosted them and put them there for him today, don't worry about that...but they steal in a provisory tank.

flesh eating infection?:confused: what should i do to treat it?

Sorry for my terrible english...
Cump

slowfoot

Reaction score
Sometimes when one of my newts gets overzealous and grabs a tankmate by the arm, the bitten newt will end up with a reddish arm like your newt has. If that's the case, it just goes away by itself... usually. So that might be a possibility. However, if you don't feed them together that might not be it.

Limede

Reaction score
Hummm...sometimes I see the female biting the male...even today i saw it, but this time it was in his tail...it is a possibility...

thanks

I will post some news if it betters or wors...(sorry the english...)

Cump

Limede

Reaction score
...hum...now I concerned about is feeding habits...:(
I think he is a little thin....but he ignores the food:confused:...I tried everything....bloodworms, tubifex, and fish food pellets....I'm trying to get some earthworm culture...but will take longer...what you guys sugest to help for now?:confused:

Sorry about the english...

Cump...

Limede

Reaction score
I'am very worried about him...:(
if anyone know how to help him, plase reply...thanks....

Cump...

Lusiwarrior

Reaction score
Hello kid,
try to see if the water conditions are regular, because if not can be directly related to their change in behavior. Take in all kinds of food that you have at hand and gives it to his mouth with the tweezers, he may get into something!
I have helped!
Boa sorte, vai dando noticias! ;)

OZIRIS

Reaction score
Try to get earthworms at a garden center or fishing shop, newts like them very much. I got my newts eat with earthworms. Keep trying with other items meanwhile.

For the wound, you could get some kind of antibiotic, furacin (sold for human beings as an ointment) works well (broad spectrum). Maybe putting the animal in the fridge some days could help.

Good luck

eljorgo

Banned
Reaction score
Hey limede is he fine? Hope he have recovered.
Just a question... Why do you keep saying "Cump." ??
I guess that is really not valid and understand right were mate:D:D
You shall use some other word in English (preferentially):p
Fica bem.;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!