Hi from Grenoble (Alps, France) !

Fenchurch

Reaction score
Country
France
Hello everybody !
I have registered here mostly because I'll get a group of Neurergus kaiseri (they will be 1 year old then) next August.
I live in Grenoble, at the bottom of the French Alps. I've always been interested in "strange" animals as far as I can remember. I had various rodents, caterpillars and of course tadpoles. Some of them even transformed into toads. Well, this was ages ago...
But my interest into herps never faded since. I also bred newts a little later and on the whole I'm very interested in newts, salamanders, frogs (Hylidae, Dendrobatidae) and also reptiles, but due to the formers' lack of tail and the latters' scales, I won't speak of them here :D.
French laws forbid to keep local fauna at home unless you've got a kind of licence and you can prove they're not WC, which prevents me from having Salamandra salamandra or Triturus cristatus, T. marmoratus etc that are some of my favs. I'm thinking of preparing the licence in the next coming years though...
I've discovered the magnificient Neurergus kaiseri lately, and I think this will be the species I'll ask about in most of my next posts...
Bye !
Fenchurch :evil:

Hi Fenchurch and welcome to the Forum! Sounds like you will be agreat new addition to our fold. By the way, N. k. are my favorite newts, too.

-Eva

Hello Fenchurch.

I haven't myself any kaiseri, but some french herpers do have some and successfully bred them, at least this year.
I wish you success too with this beautiful species.

JM

Hello Fenchurch.

I haven't myself any kaiseri, but some french herpers do have some and successfully bred them, at least this year.
I wish you success too with this beautiful species.

JM
I certainly hope so ! :happy: Nevertheless, as my newts will only be 1 year old when I get them, I'll have to wait 1 or 2 more years before trying to breed them...
Bye !
Fenchurch :wacko:

Welcome! N.k are a very cool-looking species, and in my opinion they look like a cross between Fire salamanders and Crocodile Newts, which result in something stunning.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back