Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hello

BIG STEESSEE

Reaction score
Hello every one my names Steve i am new to the forums and have been keeping axolotls for a few months now

theres not a lot to know about me,If anyone has any questions about me or my axolotl's aka the sally's as my 3 yr old calls them because she named my first one sally and the other 2 i got today are all just sally's lol

anyway i look forward to exploring the site i dont know if im allowd to post a youtube vid here but this is sally before moving to the new tank.

YouTube - sally

Dragonbeards

Reaction score
Hey Steve, welcome to Caudata.org! I'm new here as well, and the people here are very nice. Have any updated pictures of your axies?

BIG STEESSEE

Reaction score
sorry i haven't got any as yet i changed tank on Sunday and got the other 2 sallys today so they are settling in i will try and take some and get them uploaded tonight

thanx for your reply

petlover516

Reaction score
Welcome! You've come to the right place for axolotls-we even have a sister website called axolotl.org!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1